Book Club: “When Things Fall Apart” by Pema Chödrön (Santa Ana, El Salvador)
A new session of the Book Club was held featuring the book “When Things Fall Apart”, by Pema Chödrön, an American Tibetan Buddhist, and disciple of Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche.
Pema Chödrön offers practical advice for when things fall apart in our lives. There is only one way to face suffering which provides lasting benefit Pema teaches us “to lean into painful situations with kindness and curiosity. There, in the middle of chaos, we can discover the truth and love we carry inside which are indestructible”.
Topics discussed included:
– Ways to use painful emotions to cultivate knowledge, compassion, and courage.
– Methods of communication that bring about a true openness and closeness to others.
– Practices to reverse habitual negative patterns
– Techniques for working with difficult situations
– Tools to cultivate an energetic and compassionate social action.