As part of its activities for World Philosophy Day, New Acropolis held a prize-giving ceremony for its Photography Competition on the theme “Images to make us think” and the Poetry and Short Story Competition on the theme “El Salvador, your best story”. The event was held in the auditorium of FEPADE.
The themes of this Edition, managed to capture stories and reflections on the country and its everyday heroes through the art of photography and literature.
Winners of the Photography Competition:
- 1°. Place – Professional: Frederick Meza Díaz with the photo “Our history”
- 1º. Place – Amateur: Carlos Alfonso Hernández Guzmán with the photo “Space of Happiness”
- Most voted photo on Facebook: Edwin Alexis Rivera Hernández with the photo “Heritage”
- Most voted photo on Instagram: Gabriela María Moreno Servellón with the photo “Catch of the day”.
- Most voted photo on Punto de Exhibición: José David Cordero Ramírez with the photo “Friends of Don Manuel”
Winners of the Literature (Short Story) Competition:
- 1°. Place: Maddeline Sarahi Soto Jimenez
- 2°. Place: Mayra alejandra salinas Yanes
Winners of the Literature (Poetry) Competition:
- 1°. Place: Jesús Isaac Quintanilla Vásquez
- 2°. Place: Katherine Eunice Ramos Reyes
Our literature competition winners received cash prizes and scholarships, thanks to the support of Alberto Masferrer University and other supportive institutions.
The event would not have been possible without the support of our sponsors:
Electrolab Medic, KLP-Photo & Video, Active, EC-Estructuritas Constructores, Medio Lleno, FotoEstudio, Blue Pencil, Veterinaria San Juan, Calox, Lorena Saca, Montúfar&Asociados, Fundación TCS, Joven360, CP El Salvador, Colindres Photo, Larsson-Hair Center, Tour bus, Torogoz, Wanako, PRINEL, Universidad Alberto Masferrer, ACCESORIOS DIVINA.
This post is also available in: Spanish